Monday 31 March 2014

Te Waipounamu - Day 1 - Melbourne to Queenstown

"I cannot rest from travel, I will drink life to the lees"......let the odyssey begin!

Smooth flight. Watched an incredible movie  - The Book Thief - one of the best movies I have seen.
Not often I give a movie 5 stars

My nose was pressed against the aircraft window as we flew over the Southern Alps and Fiordland and descended into Queenstown. Magnificent mountain ranges!

Our base in Queenstown for the next 4 nights - Oaks Club Resort located on the Frankton Arm of Lake Wakatipu. A little bit of luxury to compensate for the Routeburn tramping in 5 days time.
One bedroom apartment with balcony - fab views of the lake and the Remarkables.

Spent the rest of the afternoon and evening exploring the town and hatching plans for the next few days in Adventure Town!


Sherpa in Training!
Meeting the locals!

No comments:

Post a Comment